For as long as I can remember, I have loved, admired and prayed to St. Therese of the Child Jesus. She did what I want to do in life and that is "to let fall from Heaven a Shower of Roses." She lived each day with unshakable confidence in God's love. She said, "What matters in life is not great deeds, but great love. My mission will begin after my death. I will spend my heaven doing good on earth."
While a great deal has already been accomplished, there is much, much more to do. It is important that my hopes and dreams for the future be known to you and those who follow after you: therefore, I am sharing what is most significant to me -
(1) To prevent and ameliorate abuse and exploitation of children and women. I have had a special interest in those children who must acquiesce to sexual exploitation in order to survive.
(2) To treat the problems arising from or connected with homelessness.
(3) To develop income-generating skills in people so that they may become self-sufficient.
(4) To assist the poor in learning to help themselves.
(5) To relieve the suffering of those who are physically or emotionally sick by providing medical, dental, and social services to them.
In all of the above, I am particularly interested in serving the most needy or the "poorest of the poor" for it is those who have no hope. Hope is so important to each of us - I would like us to renew hope for those who have lost it or to give hope to those who never had it.